ESSA Program Random Validations
The Federal Program Compliance Division administers a random validation monitoring process for ensuring that LEAs are in compliance with the requirements associated with the following ESSA programs/requirements.
- Title I, Part A—Improving Basic Programs
- Title I, Part C—Education of Migratory Children
- Title I, Part D, Subpart 2—Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth Who Are Neglected, Delinquent, or At-Risk
- Title II, Part A—Supporting Effective Instruction
- Title IV, Part A—Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
- Private Nonprofit Affirmation of Consultation
- Unsafe School Choice Option Written Policy
2020-2021 Random Validation Process
The selected LEAs were notified via email on October 19, 2020, and received a link to an online survey to complete Part 1 of the Random Validation process.
Documents and timelines for the 2020-2021 Random Validation are as follows:
- Random Validation Timeline for 2020-2021
- Documentation Matrix, by program
- Copy of Online Survey Questions used in Part 1 of Random Validations
- Complete presentation
- Individual sections
Documents from Part 2 of the Random Validation process will be posted here on November 16, 2020.
For questions or additional information, please contact the Federal Program Compliance Division at ESSAsupport@tea.texas.gov.