The Accountability Research Unit in the Division of Research and Analysis is responsible for research and policy analysis on state and federal accountability measures, education policy research, development of public school data and information systems, and reports on educational progress in Texas public schools. The unit also manages AskTED—the web-based application that provides school district and campus organization and contact information—and provides administrative support to a Texas Education Agency committee responsible for reviewing agency data collections.
The unit develops indicators and measures for high school completion, graduation, dropouts, grade-level retention, college entrance examinations (SAT and ACT), and advanced courses (Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate). The measures are used in the Texas Academic Performance Reports, state and federal accountability, performance-based monitoring, and numerous state and federal reports. Moreover, the unit publishes annual reports and searchable databases on the measures. The unit also coordinates and publishes an annual report on enrollment trends, the Comprehensive Report to the Texas Legislature on Texas Public Schools, and a number of special reports on education in Texas.
Navigating Our Website
Navigate the Accountability Research website by following the links listed below.
- Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Campus and District Type Data Search
- College Admissions Testing (SAT and ACT)
- Completion, Graduation, and Dropouts
- Comprehensive Report on Texas Public Schools
- Enrollment Trends
- Grade-Level Retention
- Comprehensive List of Reports
- Join the Accountability Research E-Mail List
Following is a list of the latest reports, data searches, and other documents and announcements from Accountability Research.
- Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate Examination Results in Texas Public Schools, 2018-19 (October 2020), PDF (979 KB)
- Grade-Level Retention and Student Performance in Texas Public Schools, 2018-19 (September 2020), PDF (613 KB)
- College Admissions Testing Results for Graduating Seniors in Texas and the United States, Class of 2019 (September 2020), PDF (525 KB)
- Enrollment in Texas Public Schools, 2019-20 (August 2020), PDF (1.4 MB)
- Grade-Level Retention in Texas Public Schools, 2018-19 (August 2020), PDF (1.1 MB)
- Secondary School Completion and Dropouts in Texas Public Schools, 2018-19 (August 2020), PDF (2.1 MB)
- College Admissions Testing Results for Graduating Seniors in Texas Public Schools, Class of 2018 (June 2020), PDF (643 KB)
- Processing of District Four-Year Longitudinal Graduation and Dropout Rates, Class of 2019 (June 2020), PDF (123 KB)
- Processing of District Five-Year Extended Longitudinal Graduation and Dropout Rates, Class of 2018 (June 2020), PDF (133 KB)
- Processing of District Six-Year Extended Longitudinal Graduation and Dropout Rates, Class of 2017 (June 2020), PDF (148 KB)
- Advanced Placement Examination Results in Texas and the United States, 2018-19 (March 2020), PDF (371 KB)
- Update to Graduation and Dropout Rate Reporting; Texas Assessment Conference, November 2019, PDF (1.5 MB)
- 2018 Comprehensive Biennial Report on Texas Public Schools (March 2019), PDF (4.6 MB)
For questions or comments, please e-mail the Division of Research and Analysis, or contact the division by phone at 512-475-3523.
This page last updated October 21, 2020.