Career and Technical Education
This site provides you with information on curriculum, programs, rules, and other information for Career and Technical Education (CTE). We welcome any suggestions you may have that will improve this site for individuals working to provide high quality career and technical programs for students. Join the CTE mailing list and receive updates.
Career and technical education programs offer a sequence of courses that provides students with coherent and rigorous content. CTE content is aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in current or emerging professions.
News from the Grants Administration Division
The consolidated grant application process for the federal grant programs listed below is now available in eGrants. The consolidated grant application process allows for individual grant submissions for the following programs:
- 2022-2023 Perkins V: Strengthening Career & Technical Education for the 21st Century
- 2022-2023 Perkins V: Strengthening Career & Technical Education for the 21st Century – Institutions
The following updates have been made to program of study framework documents:
- TBD Course: Practicum in Early Learning, 13014520 (Early Learning POS)
- Health Informatics, 13020960 (Health Informatics POS) has a prerequisite change. Now only Medical Terminology is a prerequisite.
- Instructional Practices, 13014400 (Teaching and Training POS) has a prerequisite change.
- TBD Course: Health Care Administration and Management, 13020962 (Health Informatics POS) Name change. (was Healthcare Information Systems and Management)
- TBD Course: Pharmacy II, 13021030 (Healthcare Therapeutic POS)
- TBD Course: Respiratory Therapy I, 13021120 (Medical Therapy POS)
- TBD Course: Leadership and Management in Nursing, 13021225 (Nursing Science POS)
- TBD Course: Medical Assistant, 13021015 (Healthcare Therapeutic POS)
*Please find the TEKS in TAC Chapter 127 on our TEKS card.
- Weighted Tiers Funding and Autocoding Look-Up Tables
- CTE Administrator Professional Development Update
- CTE Counselor Professional Development Update
- Career and Technical Education Teacher Professional Development Update
- CLNA and Perkins Application Timeline
2021-2022 CLNA Guidebook
The 2021-2022 CLNA (SC5600) is required for local education agencies (LEAs) applying for 2022-2023 Perkins funding. The CLNA guidebook is designed to assist Texas LEAs with the completion of the local needs assessment. The local needs assessment process is intended to be a regular part of a LEA's data-driven decision making and program improvement system. Please see the Perkins card for an additional link to the guidebook linked above. Also please see the WDA Labor Market information that is displayed below the guidebook.
Career and Technical Education
College, Career, and Military Preparation Division
1701 North Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701-1401
For Education Service Center Regional Support, please contact the appropriate ESC CTE Specialist included in the listing below: