Division of Educator Certification Staff Available via Help Desk Ticket Only during Mandatory Teleworking
Staff in the Division of Educator Certification will be unavailable by phone until further notice. In addition, we will not be available to assist visitors. If you need assistance, please submit a help desk ticket. Allow several business days for staff to respond to your ticket. Tickets are answered in the order received.
Staff will continue to process applications and certification requests.
Stay current by reviewing certification announcements and updates, that include deadlines to obtain your certificate based on tests that have been eliminated.
Educator account setup instructions, including step-by-step instructions and guides, can be found by using the ECOS for Educator tab at the top of the page. If you have trouble setting up your account, you may contact your ESC representative.
Educator Certification provides information and assistance for educators, school districts, and the public.
Certification information for Texas teachers and those seeking Texas certification:
- Approved Texas Educator Preparation Programs
- Becoming a Texas teacher
- Military Community
- Out-of-State certified educators
- Out-of-Country certified educators
- Renewing a standard certificate
- Additional certification by examination
- Additional certification by examination that requires work experience
- Principal and Superintendent certification
- Student Services certification
- Educational Aides
- Revalidating a lifetime certificate
- Name change for certification
- Test information
- Virtual certificate information
Assignment information for Texas teachers and school districts:
- School district hiring information
- State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) rules
- Teacher Assignment Chart (PDF, 668 KB)
- Permit rules for school districts
Additional Information and Sites Related to Certification
Helpful links and information related to Texas certification:
- Investigations and criminal background status
- Educator standards
- Texas Regional Education Service Centers
- National Association of State Director of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) [outside source]
- U.S. Department of Education (outside source)
- U.S. Department of Education - State Education Agencies (outside source)
- Texas Register (outside source)
Staff in the Division of Educator Certification is available only via helpdesk ticket.
Allow several business days for staff to respond to your ticket.