January 27, 2017
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: Travel and Mileage Reimbursement
The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts has published the travel and mileage reimbursement rates to be effective January 1, 2017, through August 31, 2017, as summarized below:
- The automobile mileage reimbursement rate is 53.5 cents per mile.
- The meal reimbursement rate for overnight travel is listed by city
on the federal per diem rate map. If the city you are traveling to is not listed, use the daily rate for the county. If the county to which
you are traveling is not listed, use the current maximum daily
reimbursement rate of $51.
- The meal reimbursement rate for non-overnight travel is up to $36.
- Lodging reimbursement rates for in-state and out-of-state travel
are listed on the federal per diem rate map. If the city you are traveling to is not listed, use the daily rate for the county. If the county to which
you are traveling is not listed, use the applicable maximum daily
- Up to $85 for in-state lodging
- Up to $91 for out-of-state lodging
The mileage, lodging, and meal reimbursement rates published by the comptroller apply to all grants that TEA administers for individuals on travel status.
See the attached guidelines for more travel information. If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cory Green, Chief
Grants Compliance and Oversight Division