Distinguished Teacher and Principal Talent Pool Recommendation
March 21, 2017
TO: THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED
SUBJECT: Distinguished Teacher and Principal Talent Pool Recommendation
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) would like to invite the education community to recommend distinguished classroom teachers and/or principals to be included in the Texas talent pool.
We invite you to recommend distinguished classroom teachers and/or principals who have demonstrated all of the following:
- Exceptional educational talent as evidenced by effective instructional practices and student learning results in the classroom and school;
- Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession;
- Contributions to education that are largely unheralded yet worthy of the spotlight;
- Strong long-range potential, as an early- to mid-career educator, for professional and policy leadership; and
- Engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues and the community.
Please complete a Talent Pool Recommendation form for each individual, including a
one-page letter explaining how this person meets the criteria outlined in this letter, and a resume for each recommendation. All nominations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday,
April 28, 2017.
We look forward to working with you as we continue our efforts to recognize the distinguished teachers and/or principals in the state. For more information, please contact Viviana Lopez at (512) 463-5280 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Viviana Lopez, Director
State and Federal Initiatives
Texas Education Agency