State Performance Plan Indicator 7
SPPI 7: Measurement
State Performance Plan Indicator (SPPI) 7 measures the percent of preschool children aged 3 through 5 with individualized education programs (IEPs) who demonstrate improved:
- Positive social-emotional skills (including social relationships);
- Acquisition and use of knowledge and skills (including early language/communication and early literacy); and
- Use of appropriate behaviors to meet their needs.
SPPI 7: Calculation
SPPI 7: Data Source
SPPI 7 data are collected through the SPP 7 Early Childhood Outcomes application in the Texas Education Agency Login (TEAL). Local education agencies (LEAs) utilize the Early Childhood Outcome Center's Childhood Outcomes Summary (COS) Process and the Childhood Outcomes Summary Form (COSF) to document children's functioning in three outcome areas.
SPPI 7: Resources
- 2022-2023 SPPI-7 & SPPI-13 Data Collection Presentation
- Childhood Outcomes Summary Process
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSP)
TEAL Application Resources
- SPPI 7 Application Instructions
- SPPI 7 Instructions for Entering Data
- SPPI 7 Frequently Asked Questions (updated May 2023)
- SPPI 7 Entry and Exit Data Collection Criteria
Families: Special Education or IEP-Related Questions?
Phone: 1-855-SPEDTEX (1-855-773-3839)
Educators: Special Education Resources
Office of Special Populations and Monitoring
Department of Special Education:
Department of Review and Support: