Strong Foundations Approved Provider Information
Apply to Become A Strong Foundations Approved Provider
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) is developing a Strong Foundations Approved Provider List to support local educational agencies (LEAS), including districts and open-enrollment charter schools, in the creation of a research-based math or literacy framework. Technical assistance (TA) providers will be approved through an application process in addition to TA providers completing a series of trainings offered through TEA.
Approved providers will assist LEAs in creating a math and/or literacy framework, work with LEAs to complete deliverables and key milestones, deliver a collective learning series, and create a case study to document the process. LEAs typically complete the development of an instructional framework in 4-6 months, but timelines may be customized based on the LEA’s local context and with approval from TEA. This grant will have at least two cycles, Fall 2022 and Winter 2022. Additional training requirements will be required for approved providers throughout the duration of the grant.
Approved Providers will be responsible for:
- Helping with project management and stakeholder engagement across the entire process
- Helping LEAs turn-key exemplars to fit their local context
- Facilitating a collective learning series on the research of how students learn in math and/or literacy (depending on the LEA framework focus) including how the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) are aligned with this research
- Assisting LEAs in creating, editing, and finalizing framework
- Supporting LEAs in developing a plan for instructional materials adoption or supporting in the implementation of previously adopted HQIM.
- Providing additional approved services to support with implementation of the framework (supports may require additional trainings for approved providers)
- Developing a case study outlining the LEA’s process from start to finish and highlighting successes and challenges in the process
Next Steps for New Applicants
- The application window for interested technical assistance providers opened October 14, 2022, and will close October 28, 2022.
- TEA will notify those eligible to be a Strong Foundations Approved Provider by early November 2022 and will post the provider list to districts shortly after that date. Approved providers will be removed from the Strong Foundations Approved Provider List with failure to complete required trainings from TEA by March 31, 2023.
Note: Education Service Centers (ESCs) do not need to submit an application; please see the ESC Resources section below. ESCs should submit ESC Assurances by October 28, 2022.
Next Steps for ESCs and Previously Approved Strong Foundations Providers
- ESCs: Please sign and submit the Strong Foundations Planning Grant ESC Assurances Survey by October 28, 2022.
- Previously approved providers: Please sign and submit the Strong Foundations Planning Grant Vendor Assurances Survey by October 28, 2022.
Additional information and Resources
Learning Acceleration Support Opportunities (LASO) Strong Foundations Planning Grant Informational Webinars
The Learning Acceleration Support Opportunities (LASO) is the next iteration of a universal consolidated application cycle that strategically batches grant funding opportunities that are supporting with continued learning acceleration and innovation opportunities. For more information, please visit the LASO website.
- Vendors: LASO Strong Foundations Planning Grant Approved Providers Informational Webinar for Vendors on October 19, 2022, at 10 a.m. CDT. Register here to join.
- ESCs: LASO Strong Foundations Planning Grant Approved Providers Informational Webinar for ESCs on October 19, 2022, at 2 p.m. CDT. Register here to join.
For New Applicants
- Approved Providers Application (Due October 28, 2022)
- Approved Providers Application Guide (PDF)
- TA Providers Application Workbook (Word Doc)
- TA Providers Application Scoring Rubric (PDF)
For Previously Approved Strong Foundations Providers
- Strong Foundations Planning Grant Vendor Assurances Survey (Due October 28, 2022)
- Strong Foundations Planning Grant Vendor Assurances Preview (PDF)
For Education Service Centers
- Strong Foundations Planning Grant ESC Assurances Survey (Due October 28, 2022)
- Strong Foundations Planning Grant ESC Assurances Preview (PDF)
2022 Strong Foundations Math and Literacy Framework Development Resources
- 2022 Strong Foundations Approved Provider List (PDF)
- Strong Foundations Framework Grant TA Providers Webinar (YouTube)
- Strong Foundations Framework Grant TA Providers Webinar Presentation (PDF)