CTE Programs of Study
The Division of College, Career, and Military Preparation has engaged members of the workforce, secondary education, and higher education to advise on the development of programs of study, including coherent sequences of courses, industry-based certifications, and work-based learning to ensure students are prepared for in-demand, high-skill, and high-wage careers in Texas.
The programs of study go into effect for the 2020-2021 school year and will allow Texas to meet the federal program approval requirements within the Strengthening CTE for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V). Programs of study documents can be viewed by following the links below:
- Approved Statewide CTE Programs of Study
- Approved Regional Programs of Study
- LWDA Labor Market Information and Resources
- CTE Programs of Study Alignment to Endorsements
- PEIMS Calculations-Tech Tips TSDS (texasstudentdatasystems.org)
- Programs of Study Change Crosswalk (10/20/2023)
CTE Programs of Study Mapping Application
In 2021, TEA's Career and Technical Education (CTE) team began developing a platform to map out programs of study across the state. The 2021 release is self-reported 2019-2020. A new set of layers are available that reflect the 2020-2021 concentrators and completers for programs of study across the state. Please read the instructions tab in the application for additional instructions and methodology. For more information, please email: CTE@tea.texas.gov.
- Click here to access the CTE Mapping Application (updated for 2022)
We love feedback, please take this short survey.
Please note: this application does NOT support Internet Explorer. Please use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.