Campus Accountability Interventions and Guidance
The guidance and resources below are specific to campuses rated D or F through the State Accountability System and campuses identified for Comprehensive, Targeted, or Additional Targeted Support under ESSA.
If you do not know the accountability rating assigned to your campus, visit the Texas Schools Report Card web page. For district specific information, view the District Accountability Interventions and Guidance web page.
Campus Turnaround Plan Guidance
After a campus has been identified as unacceptable for two consecutive years, the campus must develop and submit a turnaround plan to the agency explaining the campus’ systemic approach to producing significant and sustainable gains in achievement. Guidance for turnaround plan development is found on the Campus Turnaround Plan Guidance web page.
State and Federal Accountability Intervention Requirements
To the Administrator Addressed Correspondence
- 9/12/2019 - Clarification of Improvement Plan Requirements for Campuses Designated as Additional Targeted Support, Targeted Support, D in a Domain, or D Overall
- 8/12/2019 - Information for Districts, Campuses and Charter Schools with Areas of Need Identified through the 2019 State and Federal Accountability System
|State Intervention Requirements||Federal Intervention Requirements|
|Requirement||Domain D1||1st year
|1st year Overall F||2nd year Overall F||3rd year + Overall F||Additional Targeted Support2||Targeted Support 2||Comprehensive Support|
|DCSI Assignment||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No, Only contact name||No, Only contact name||Yes|
|Training||No||No||Yes||Yes||Implement Commissioner-Approved Turnaround Plan||No||No||Yes|
|Public Meeting for Input 3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Facilitated ESF Diagnostic||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|TEA TIP Template Format||No, Any format; ex: embed in CIP||Yes||Yes||Yes||No, Any format; ex: embed in CIP||No, Any format; ex: embed in CIP||Yes|
|Board Hearing & Approval of TIP||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Submit Plan / Progress Report to TEA||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Develop / Submit Turnaround Plan||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||No|
In cases where more than one rating applies to a campus, LEAs are required to engage in the more rigorous intervention requirement.
- State statute requires the development of a targeted improvement plan for campuses with a rating of D in any of the three domains. No statuary requirement exists for campuses with a domain rating of F.
- TEA will seek an amendment to the state ESSA plan to revise these as distinct intervention requirements in future years.
- All campuses, regardless of rating, hold a public meeting to discuss performance of the campus and campus performance objectives (TEC §11.253(g)), and the meeting to solicit input on the Targeted Improvement Plan can take place at the same time as this meeting.
Intervention and Submission Calendars
Use the 2019-2020 Intervention Guidance Tool to assist with determining which intervention and submission calendar to follow for the 2019-2020 monitoring year. Intervention and submission calendars provide more detail about the processes outlined in the table above.
2019 Accountability FAQ Resource (PDF, 207KB)
Public Hearing and Meeting Requirements (PDF, 179KB) - REVISED 10/22/2019
ESF Overview Training Requirements (PDF, 165KB)
Campus Intervention Matrix (PDF, 87KB)
DCSI Attestation Statement (PDF, 165KB)
Templates / Tools
Campus Targeted Improvement Plan (Excel, 35KB)
Campus ESF Self Assessment Tool (Excel, 128KB)
Campus Data Reflection Tool (Excel, 45KB)
TTIPS Activity Plan (Excel, 111KB)