Email Educator Certification
Please select the topic most closely related to your question.
To submit a change or correction of name or date of birth, please submit your request using the secure Name Change link above. Your request must include:
- Current state drivers license or state ID (must be uploaded)
- Out-of-Country educators who do not hold a state-issued drivers license may submit a copy of a current passport.
- Last four digits of social security number and/or TEA ID number, if known.
- Previous name
- A current email address and valid daytime phone number
Current processing time is 10 business days, once all required documents are received. If you do not receive a notification from our office after 10 business days, please resend the documents with the following subject: “Second Request – name change.” We appreciate your patience as we process requests during our division’s peak season.
Fingerprint questions are answered by the Office of Fingerprinting.
- Payments you have made for certification fees or services
- Refund of certification fees you are expecting
- Notice of returned check you have received from TEA
- General certification and permit rules and requirements
- Application for certification procedures
- Technical assistance for Educator Certification Online System (ECOS)
- Certification status
- Certificate renewal
- Assignment requirements
- Certification by exam
Educators may submit questions to CPE@tea.texas.gov about continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
For answers to the following topics you will be directed to our test contractor's website, Pearson, (800)- 877-4599 or (413)-256-2898.
- Policies related to the testing programs
- Information on your score report
- Test registration
- Test administration dates and registration deadlines
- Testing fees
- Unofficial scores
- Internet registration
- Test day instructions
- Preparation manuals/study guide
- Computer Administered Tests (CAT)
- Emergency registration
- Special accommodations for testing