SSES Student Application Process and Criteria
English | Español
The SSES program has specific eligibility criteria please make sure that you have verified that your student meets the eligibility criteria by reviewing the Eligibility Requirements below.
Student Eligibility Criteria
Student enrolled in TEA public school SY2019-20 and 2020-21.
Eligibility Criteria by grade level:
- Designated as Multiple Disabilities
- Primary Disability of Deaf/Blind
- The combination of Primary Disability and Setting see below:
Your child MAY qualify for SSES if they have one of the following primary disabilities:
- Auditory Impairment
- Intellectual Disability
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Other Health Impairment
- Speech Impairment
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Visual Impairment
Your child MAY qualify for SSES if they have one of the primary disabilities listed above AND they are served in one of the following educational settings:
- Student is receiving homebound instruction – the teacher comes to the house for one-on-one instruction.
- Student is attending a Residential Treatment Facility.
- Student is not attending their home campus but they’re in a Specialized Program for more than 50% of their day.
- Student is in a Self-Contained Classroom for more than 50% of their day.
- Student attends Texas School for the Blind.
- Student attends Texas School for the Deaf.
- Student receives instruction at a Day Treatment Facility.
- They are in a resource classroom on their home campus.
- Student is attending their home campus but receives specialized programming off campus.
If you want the specific combination of primary disabilities and educational settings for qualifying for SSES, click this link.
- STAAR ALT II Eligible
Quick SSES Links