Instructional Continuity Planning Framework
The purpose of Instructional Continuity planning is to help districts launch “at-home Schools” that maximize the amount of instructional time for students this school year and support student mastery of grade level standards.
The agency has developed an Instructional Continuity Framework that consists of the phases outlined below, each of which has a series of supporting planning categories. Resources will be continuously posted over the coming weeks in alignment with this framework to support districts. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific resource requests focused on instructional continuity planning.
The documents and links included on this webpage are provided as a resource only. This information is intended to assist in the delivery of educational resources in this time of public crisis.
Instructional Continuity Framework Resources
- Instructional Continuity Framework Overview (PowerPoint) March 30 2020
- Instructional Continuity Immediate Action Check List (PDF) March 20 2020
- TEA Instructional Continuity Planning Tool (Excel) March 24 2020
- Instructional Continuity Detailed Guidance (PDF) April 7 2020
- ESC COVID-19 Resources by Region April 1 2020
- Logistical Considerations for Paper Based Packet Pickup (PDF) March 23 2020
- Guidance on Grading and Graduation (PDF) March 30 2020
- FERPA and Virtual Learning (PDF) April 9 2020
- Instructional Continuity FAQ (PDF) April 9 2020
- Instructional Continuity Grant FAQ (PDF) April 9 2020
Instructional Continuity Webinars
3/30/2020: Phase 0: Project Management
3/31/2020: Phase 1: Conduct Landscape Analysis
4/1/2020: Phase 2: Determine At-Home Instructional Model and Monitoring
4/2/2020: Phase 3: Operationalize the Instructional Model
4/3/2020: Phase 4: Monitor, Support, and Continuously Improve the Model
Texas Home Learning
The agency has developed at-home learning resources as a contingency option for school districts. These are optional resources intended to assist in the delivery of educational resources in this time of public health crisis. Given the timeline for development, errors are to be expected. If you find an error, please email us at email@example.com.
- Texas Home Learning Overview (PowerPoint) April 7 2020
- Texas Home Learning (Website) April 7 2020
- Sample Home Packet (PDF) April 7 2020
- Texas Home Learning Printing Order Form (Excel) April 8 2020
- Texas Home Learning Deep Dive Webinar Presentation (PowerPoint) April 8 2020
- Texas Home Learning Model Webinar (YouTube) April 9 2020