Forms for Prior Approval, Disclosure, and Justification
EDGAR requires local educational agencies (LEAs) to take specific steps to seek approval or document intent before expending federal funds on certain activities. TEA has developed different forms to help LEAs meet these requirements. Refer to each section below for guidance on how to complete and submit the forms. TEA will provide a formal response for each request submitted. Certain forms, as noted below, may be maintained locally but must be provided to TEA upon request. Please email GrantSupport@tea.texas.gov with any questions regarding the forms.
Prior Approval Requests for Participant Support Costs
Under (2 CFR) 200.456, participant support costs are allowable with prior approval from TEA. Participant support costs include direct costs for items such as stipends or subsistence allowances, travel allowances, and registration fees paid to or on behalf of participants or trainees (but not employees) in connection with conferences, or training projects. Approvals are retroactive to the beginning date of the grant period as noted on the grant recipient’s Notice of Grant Award (NOGA) for programs in which the activity is required and allowable. Forms maintained locally must be provided to auditors or monitors upon request.
- Equitable services to private nonprofit schools may include registration and travel costs for PNP staff participating in allowable professional development activities. Complete this pre-approved form and maintain locally for documentation.
- Parental involvement activities may include registration and travel costs for participating in allowable parent trainings or conferences and required parent involvement/advisory committees. Complete this pre-approved form and maintain locally for documentation.
- Other participant support costs must have prior written approval from TEA before grant funds may be expended on the activities. Complete the form and submit to GrantSupport@tea.texas.gov for approval.
Prior Approval Requests for Other Expenditures
Before expending grant funds on the following activities, LEAs must complete the applicable form and submit it to TEA for approval. Completed, signed forms must be emailed for review and approval to TEA at GrantSupport@tea.texas.gov.
- Special or Unusual Costs
- Inventory Disposition
- Adding Program Income to Federal Grant Award and Expanding Delivery of Programmatic Services
- Noncompetitive Procurement (Sole-Source)
- Other Noncompetitive Procurement (Not Sole Source)
EDGAR requires LEAs to disclose the following items that may impact the federal grant award or expenditure of federal funds. Completed, signed forms must be emailed to TEA at GrantSupport@tea.texas.gov for review and approval.
Justification of Expenditures
EDGAR requires LEAs to justify their intent to expend grant funds on certain activities. These activities must be allowable per Program Guidelines. Before undertaking the following activities, complete the applicable justification form and maintain locally. The completed forms must be submitted to TEA upon request.