Post Award Compliance
Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) and Education Service Centers (ESCs), including school districts and open-enrollment charter schools, must follow applicable statues, regulations and non-regulatory guidance when utilizing federal and state grant funding. The Post-Award Compliance Unit reviews grant applications to identify compliance issues related to programmatic and budgetary details post-award. If issues of non-compliance are identified, the Post-Award Compliance Unit assists Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and Education Service Centers (ESCs) in resolving the issue via an amendment.
- The Grants Administration webpage has in-depth instructions, frequently ask questions, and state-wide training resources related to how to fill out the ESSA Consolidated Federal, Special Education Consolidated Federal, and Perkins applications.
- Through the Grant Opportunities webpage, the Budgeting Costs Guidance Handbook, Programmatic Guidelines, Special and Unusual Cost Forms, and various essential resources can be accessed.
- Resource for how to fill out the BS6016 on the Special Education Consolidated Federal grant application. (How to locate and utilize the GFFC Report, IDEA-B LEA MOE Compliance Review)
The resources and trainings below outline specific compliance items that have been identified. In addition, there are examples of how to revise various sections of the different grant applications.
- Post-Award Compliance Common Themes 2023-2024 Application Reviews (PDF Version)
- Communities in Schools Application Training Resource, School Year 2022-2023 (PDF Version)
- PAC Unit Overview and Initiated Amendments, ESSA Consolidated, Special Education Consolidated (Federal), Perkins V (PDF Version)
- Post NOGA Monitoring Processes, ESSA Consolidated Grant (PDF Version)