Texas Migrant State Parent Advisory Council
The State Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is an advisory group composed of 15 members, with the majority being parents of migrant children. The role of the State PAC is to advise TEA in planning, implementing, and evaluating the state program design to meet the educational needs of migrant children. In advising TEA, the State PAC is invited to comment
and make recommendations to improve:
- the Texas Migrant State Plan,
- programs and services offered to migrant children,
- the evaluation of the migrant programs,
- the quantity and quality of parent involvement, and
- other items which may be appropriate to the role of the State PAC.
All recommendations made by the State PAC are forwarded to the State Director of the Migrant Education Program for consideration and appropriate action.