ARP ESSER III Grant Program
The ARP ESSER III grant program is authorized in the American Rescue Plan Act (ARP), signed into law in March 2021.
The period of availability for ARP ESSER III grant funds is from March 13, 2020 (with pre-award), to September 30, 2024 (with carryover).
The Entitlements page lists ARP ESSER III amounts allocated to eligible LEAs by LEA and ESC.
Refer to the ESSER Fund Allocation Procedures for details on TEA's method for allocating ESSER funds.
The ARP ESSER III application is available from the TEA Grant Opportunities page. Select "2020-2023 ARP ESSER III Federal Grant Application" from the Application Name field, or search for "ARP".
RFA materials from the application are also available here:
- Program Guidelines
- Program-Specific Provisions and Assurances
- Sample Application
- Schedule PS3013 instructions
- Schedule PS3014 instructions
To meet ESSER requirements, TEA has developed the following forms:
- Justification/Documentation of Allowable Use of ESSER Funds: Complete this form to document activities funded with ESSER grant funds. The form is maintained locally and provided to TEA only upon request.
- Pre-Approval for Construction, Remodeling, Alteration, Renovation, or Repair Costs: Renovations and repairs that require pre-approval include HVAC, ventilation, and air quality costs.
TEA staff has developed the following ARP ESSER III resources.
TEA staff presented a two-part statewide training on the ARP ESSER III grant and application on May 11 and 14, 2021.
The following material was presented on May 11:
- Grant Program Overview
- Planning and Compliance Requirements (training presentation and presentation PowerPoint)
- COVID Recovery ESSER Planning Template (Excel and accessible PDF), an optional planning resource
The following material was presented on May 14:
- ARP ESSER III Federal Grant Application for Funding (training presentation and presentation PowerPoint)
Answers to frequently asked questions are listed in the ESSER FAQ. The FAQ will be updated regularly.
Use the ESSER FAQ Submission form to submit new ESSER questions to TEA staff.
The US Department of Education has developed the following ARP ESSER III resources.
ARP ESSER III Grant Program Announcement
The following links lead to the original announcements of ARP ESSER III grant funding in Texas: