CRRSA ESSER II Grant Program
The ESSER II grant program was authorized in the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA), signed into law in December 2020.
The period of availability of CRRSA ESSER II grant funds is March 13, 2020 (with pre-award), to September 30, 2023 (with carryover).
The ESSER II FAR code is 281.
The Entitlements page lists CRRSA ESSER II amounts allocated to eligible LEAs by LEA and ESC.
Refer to the ESSER Fund Allocation Procedures for details on TEA's method for allocating ESSER funds.
The 2020-2022 CRRSA ESSER II Federal Grant Application is available from the TEA Grant Opportunities page.
RFA materials from the application are also available here:
ESSER Training and Resources
- ESSER FAQ: Answers to frequently asked questions are listed in the ESSER FAQ. The FAQ will be updated regularly. Use the ESSER FAQ Submission form to submit new ESSER questions to TEA staff.
- ESSER Side-by-Side: The ESSER Side-by-Side Requirements Document provides an overview of the three ESSER grants.
- Statewide Training: TEA staff presented a statewide training on the ESSER grants in May 2021. The Grant Program Overview provides information applicable to the ESSER grant applications and requirements.
To meet ESSER requirements, TEA has developed the following forms:
- Justification/Documentation of Allowable Use of ESSER Funds: Complete this form to document activities funded with ESSER grant funds. The form is maintained locally and provided to TEA only upon request.
- Pre-Approval for Construction, Remodeling, Alteration, Renovation, or Repair Costs: Renovations and repairs that require pre-approval include HVAC, ventilation, and air quality costs. As of 12/19/2022, this form will be submitted via the EDGAR 2.0 WorkApp.
The US Department of Education has developed the following resource applicable to CRRSA ESSER II:
ESSER II Grant Program Announcement