Nonpublic Placement Notification and Application
A local education agency (LEA) may contract for a nonpublic placement when a student’s admission, review, and dismissal (ARD) committee determines that placement is necessary for the student to receive a free appropriate public education (FAPE). LEAs are required by 19 Texas Administrative Code §89.61 (a)(3) to notify the Texas Education Agency (TEA) if they intend to place a student with a disability in a nonpublic placement. The notification and to request for approval of state and federal funds is made through the Nonpublic Placement Notification and Application in Texas Education Agency Login (TEAL).
Announcements and Guidance
For COVID related updates and information please check the Special Education and Special Populations webpage.
For additional information regarding High Cost Funds, please visit our HCF webpage.
For additional information regarding Nonpublic School Monitoring, please visit our NP School Monitoring webpage.
- 2019-2020 Nonpublic and High Cost Fund Application Timelines at a Glance
- 2019-2020 Nonpublic Placement Application and Notification Updates
- Nonpublic Placement Notification and Application Checklist
- Nonpublic Placement Notification and Application Program Guidance
- Nonpublic Placement Notification and Application Sample Cost Analysis
- Nonpublic Placement Notification and Application TEAL Application Guide
- 2019-2020 Nonpublic Schools for Students with Disabilities Approved for Contracting Purposes *UPDATED 3/2020
Training and Technical Assistance
- Education Service Center Support | ESC Special Education Contacts
- TEA Login (TEAL) Applications Support | TEA Help Desk