State Performance Plan Indicator 14
SPPI 14: Measurement
State Performance Plan Indicator (SPPI) 14 measures the percent of youth who are no longer in secondary school, had individualized education programs (IEPs) in effect at the time they left school, and were:
- Enrolled in higher education within one year of leaving high school;
- Enrolled in higher education or competitively employed within one year of leaving high school; and
- Enrolled in higher education or in some other postsecondary education or training program; or competitively employed or in some other employment within one year of leaving high school.
SPPI 14: Calculation
SPPI 14: Data Source
Local education agencies submit SPPI 14 collection information based on exit data through the Texas Student Data System (TSDS) / Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS).
SPPI 14 data are collected through the spring/summer Post-Secondary Outcomes Survey.
SPPI 14: Resources
- Post School Outcomes Survey
- Secondary Transition Guidance
- Texas SPED Support: Transition
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide
- Texas Workforce Commission
Texas Student Data System (TSDS) Resources
- National Technical Assistance Center on Transition (NTACT)
- OSERS Policy Guidance: A Transition Guide to Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities (August 2020)
- Pre-employment Transition Services
Families: Special Education or IEP-Related Questions?
Phone: 1-855-SPEDTEX (1-855-773-3839)
Educators: Special Education Resources
Office of Special Populations and Monitoring
Department of Special Education:
Department of Review and Support: