Texas State Match Fund
On March 10, 2016, Governor Greg Abbott announced the Classroom Connectivity Initiative, a joint partnership between the Texas Education Agency, the regional education service centers and the non-profit EducationSuperHighway. The initiative is designed to increase access to affordable, high-speed broadband and Wi-Fi access for K–12 public schools in Texas. The Classroom Connectivity Initiative focuses on providing information and assistance to LEAs to optimize funding available through the E-rate program.
We work with your district in three areas:
Texas State Matching Fund:
- Authorized by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) though the Second E-rate Modernization Order
- Appropriated by the 85th Texas State Legislature in June 2017
- State matching funds reduce the local funding share for E-rate approved Category 1 special construction projects by providing a dollar-for-dollar match. Therefore, if Texas provides $25 million, the FCC will provide $25 million.
- LEAs with an E-rate discount of 80% to 90% can have their E-rate approved Category 1 special construction project fully funded.
- LEAs with an E-rate discount rate less than 80% can receive an additional 20% of their approved project costs.
- State matching funds were available for the E-rate Funding Year 17, Funding Year 18 and Funding Year 19 cycles
The Texas State Matching Fund was only available for E-rate Years 2017, 2018 and 2019. At this time, there are no State Matching Funds available for E-rate 2020 and forward.
For applicants who applied for and were approved for the 2017-2020 E-rate Classroom Connectivity (State Match) grant, the last day to expend grant funds is May 31, 2020.
This also means that if your Notice of Grant Award (NOGA) funds have been released, your district needs to draw down those funds before May 31, 2020.
For applicants who applied for and were approved for the 2018-2021 E-rate Classroom Connectivity (State Match) grant, the last day to expend grants funds is May 31, 2021. This means if your project was approved by TEA, that funding will expire May 31, 2021 and funds must be drawn down by this date.
Texas Classroom Connectivity team: email@example.com
Universal Service Administrative Co. (USAC) – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
EducationSuperHighway Online tool -Compare & Connect K-12: http://www.compareandconnectk12.org/
EducationSuperHighway guide - Network Essentials for Superintendents: https://www.educationsuperhighway.org/networkessentials/
EducationSuperHighway guide – Tools and Resources: https://upgrade.educationsuperhighway.org/
EducationSuperHighway guide – Upgrade Toolkit: https://www.educationsuperhighway.org/upgrade/
EducationSuperHighway Resource page https://www.educationsuperhighway.org/resources/
Funding Year 2020 window is now open!
The last date to file a Form 470 and still meet the 28-day posting rule is February 26, 2020.