Data Driven Instruction Best Practices
In addition to the numerous PK through 2nd grade assessment related resource in the searchable list below, TEA has partnered with the Region 4 Education Service Center to provide additional support of the mandated kindergarten beginning-of-year literacy screener. The purpose of this grant is not to replace current services provided by Education Service Centers or assessment vendors, but rather to find other areas that would assist LEAs with successful implementation of a Kindergarten Assessment tool. This page will provide upcoming services related to the Kindergarten assessment initiative. This initiative was created as a result of House Bill 3 to support districts and open-enrollment charters with the grant project goals:
- Creating awareness of assessment requirements and tool selection/adoption
- Supporting implementation of assessments with fidelity
- Supporting use of data to drive instruction
- Supporting data submission
22-23 Kindergarten Assessment Support (KAS) Initiative Training Opportunities
We have partnered with CLI and Amplify to offer grant-funded sessions to support training needs for TX-KEA and mCLASS. These trainings are offered to all LEAs across Texas, free-of-charge.
TX-KEA by CLI
mCLASS by Amplify
Did You Know?
- There are support, technical assistance, and classroom instructional materials available from both Children's Learning Institute (provider of TXKEA) and Amplify (provider of mCLASS Texas)
- The Early Childhood Education Data System (ECDS) application opens for data submission on November 7th, 2022
Upcoming Office Hours
To support any questions or concerns regarding the Kindergarten Literacy Screeners, you can schedule a one-on-one meeting with a member of the Kindergarten Assessment Support (KAS) Team at your convenience.
You can sign up with this Registration Link.
Please visit the Kindergarten Assessment Support (KAS) Initiative website for more details.