Optional Flexible School Day Program
The Optional Flexible School Day Program (OFSDP) allows districts to provide flexible hours and days of attendance for students who meet at least one of the requirements of the Texas Education Code §29.0822(a). The goal of the program is to improve graduation rates for students who are in danger of dropping out of school, have dropped out, or are behind in core subject courses.
Laws and Rules
- Texas Education Code: §29.0822, Optional Flexible School Day Program
- Commissioner's Rules: 19 Texas Administrative Code §129.1027, Optional Flexible School Day Program
These annual announcement letters explain any program changes that may have occurred since the previous year.
- 2018-2019 Optional Flexible School Day Program (OFSDP)
- 2017-2018 Optional Flexible School Day Program (OFSDP)
Districts must submit an annual application notifying the Texas Education Agency of their plans to participate in the OFSDP. The application requires the following information:
- program description
- staff plans
- staff qualification standards
- student attendance accounting security procedures
Applications and Templates
- 2019-2020 OFSDP Application (PDF 285 KB)
- 2019-2020 Participating Campus Student Eligibility, Period of Agreement Template (Appendix Five) (Excel, 800 KB) (PDF, 110 KB)
- OFSDP Sample Attendance Registers (PDF 61 KB)
Note: Please review the application carefully as there are significant changes throughout; mostly in Appendix 3, which has been renamed "Appendix Three, Attendance and Compliance Procedures of Proposed Program." If you participated in the OFSDP program last year, please do NOT copy and paste data into Appendix 5 as the column order has changed on the Excel document.
Please email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- OFSDP Districts 2018–2019 (March 2019) (PDF 200 KB)
- OFSDP Districts 2017–2018 (Revised March 2019) (PDF 195 KB)
- OFSDP Districts 2016–2017 (Revised March 2017) (PDF 60 KB)
- OFSDP Districts 2015–2016 (Revised September 2016) (PDF 19 KB)
- OFSDP Districts 2014-2015 (September 20, 2016) (PDF 22 KB)
For additional information, contact:
Division of State Funding