COVID-19 Support: Special Education
During the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, LEAs must make reasonable efforts to provide the student with the services required by the student’s IEP. If there are services, accommodations, and modifications required by the student’s IEP that cannot be provided during this time, the student’s ARD committee must determine which services it can provide to meet the student’s needs (34 CFR 300.324(a)(4). The intent for guidance and support is to provide LEAs with planning, communication, and instructional resources to meet the individual needs of students with disabilities.
This guidance may be outdated, please refer to the respective program page for up-to-date information.
Resources and Information for Students with Disabilities
- SY 20-21 Students with Disabilities Planning Supports Guidebook (PDF) August 7, 2020
- SY 20-21 Special Education FAQ (PDF) January 21, 2021
- SHARS CARES Act Provider Relief Fund Application (deadline to start the application is Monday, Aug 3rd) July 28, 2020
- For questions, email: RateAnalysisSHARS@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Supplemental Special Education Services (SSES)