Student and Family Support
This page contains information for educators and parents to support students during school transitions and parent deployment.
- A guidebook to understanding the struggles related to school transitions and how your school can help students overcome them.
- MCEC provides a model for student transition, along with a toolkit of strategies, templates, and checklists developed to help teachers, principals, counselors, and district and state personnel more effectively serve transitioning mobile students.
- The 86th Legislature passed HB 1597 (TEC 25.001), establishing residency through military orders for the purposes of admission into public schools. This FAQ guides educators and families on eligibility requirements and implementation.
- A website created by military teens for military teens. Bloom provides an online space for military teens to connect and share experiences. The site hosts a wide range of content create by military teens, including blog posts, art, videos, and poetry!
- MCEC® provides online resources such as: guides, videos, and webinars to students, family members, and educators affected by military connected mobility.
- MCEC Quick Checklist for School Moves
- MCEC Parents Page
- The document breaks down the main requirements of the Interstate Compact.
- A guidebook for parents to better understand military-connected school transitions and how to be an advocate for their child's educational rights.
- Find Purple Star Schools in your area at TXSchools.gov.
- Developed by MCEC, SchoolQuest is a free, online tool that helps parents of military-connected children prepare for frequent school moves. The website also serves as a virtual hub where parents and students can find helpful information, tools, and resources.
- This stage agency provides immunization resources for adults and children, including information about requirements for school attendance.
- This publication from the Department of Education offers strategies and addresses concerns among educators.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network offers an overview of the needs of military-connected students during times of traumatic loss for them and their families.
- Information on preparing for deployment, supporting children during deployment, and connecting to family services for every branch.
- Military OneSource helps families understand how to support children during deployment by paying close attention to their reactions and using available resources.