National Guard, Reserve, and Veterans
This page provides information for dependents of National Guard service members, Texas Military service members, and veterans.
- Second largest DoD STEM based funded program in the nation, focused on improving knowledge and skills of at-risk 5th-8th grade students in: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Texas has three locations: Camp Mabry in Austin, Goodfellow AFB, Ellington Field in Houston, and Lackland AFB.
- Provides Texas Military Forces connected youths with opportunities for: leadership training, college preparedness, state youth symposium, youth camps, parent and child events, Texas Youth Leadership Council Meetings, and service opportunities.
- A National Guard military model educational program for at-risk students in Texas between the ages of 16 and 18. The program requires a 17-and-a-half-month commitment in which students will learn self-discipline and life skills while earning credits towards a high school diploma or preparing for the GED.
- The Texas Military Department is composed of three branches of the military: the Texas Army National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard, and the Texas State Guard.
- The programs run by this organization provide a continuum of care and support services to service members and families during deployment and sustainment operations.
- Sesame Street has a dedicated webpage with videos for children to help them cope with the transition from military to civilian life.
- Oversees veteran program and benefits related to claims, education, employment, grants, and health care advocacy.
- This site provides online access to a comprehensive range of information about veteran's benefits, education, employment, and health services.
- Trusted information and resources for Texas' veterans.