Supports for High Quality Afterschool Application Now Open
|Date:||October 7, 2021|
|Subject:||TCLAS: High Quality Afterschool Application for Supports Now Open|
|Category:||Grant Application for Afterschool Program Supports|
|Next Steps:||Share with instructional, afterschool and grant teams and consider applying|
The application for Texas COVID Learning Acceleration Supports (TCLAS): High Quality Afterschool Supports is now open!
TCLAS is a set of funding, resources, and programmatic supports for local educational agencies (LEAs) to accelerate student learning in the wake of COVID-19, and this grant opportunity supports LEAs in designing and implementing high-quality afterschool programs aligned to this goal.
Through TCLAS, high-quality afterschool programs support LEAs in accelerating student learning by:
- Providing a safe and healthy environment after the school day for all students at no cost to students
- Enabling access to adults trained to build both academic and non-academic skills within the context of local communities
- Including themes and activities based on student needs that are both academic and enriching in nature
- Delivering targeted academic support – that meets requirements of HB 4545 – aligned with individual student needs, high-quality curriculum and instruction, and the regular school day
The supports available through TCLAS: High Quality Afterschool include:
- Personnel costs to manage and implement a high-quality afterschool program aligned with research-based strategies– up to $310K in grants available per award based on 2.5 years of grant availability
- Technical assistance to design, implement and/or continuously improve an afterschool program aligned with local needs– up to $300K in grants available per award
- Educator and/or tutor stipends for LEAs interested in implementing a high-impact tutoring model with approved high quality instructional materials (HQIM) – up to $500K in grants available
- Instructional supports including approved HQIM products for afterschool settings and aligned professional learning for educators – up to $45K in grants plus TEA-paid licenses and professional learning costs
Eligible applicants include LEAs –– including LEAs that have partnered with a non-profit afterschool partner - and non-profits with experience and expertise in implementing and operating high quality afterschool programs.
This application is due by 4:59 PM CT on Friday, November 12, 2021. Interested LEAs can learn more by:
- Joining the overview webinar (register here) on October 14th at 10:00 AM CT
- Asking questions in office hours sessions available each Friday from October 22nd through November 5th at 2 PM CT (join using this link)
- Reviewing the application and supporting resources at tea.texas.gov/tclas
- Sending questions to firstname.lastname@example.org