Special Education Required Postings to LEA Websites
|Date:||August 11, 2022|
|Subject:||Special Education Required Posting to LEA Website|
|Next Steps:||Share with appropriate local educational agency staff|
This letter provides notice to local education agencies (LEAs) of required postings described in U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) requirements, applicable federal law, the Texas Education Code (TEC), and IDEA-B Program Guidelines.
LEAs are required to have links to all required postings accessible on their public-facing website, and all websites, materials, static resources, and information made available to parents and staff must be updated to reflect the following:
Student Handbook Statement
- Student Handbook Statement: English | Texas Education Agency
- Student Handbook Statement: Spanish | Texas Education Agency
- Authority: TEC, §26.0081
Texas Transition and Employment Guide
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide (English/Spanish)
- Authority: TEC, §29.0112(e)
SB 139 Notice to Families
- SB 139 Notice to Families (English Version)
- SB 139 Notice to Families (Spanish Version)
- Authority: OSEP Requirement 2
IDEA, Dyslexia, MTSS, and Section 504
- Resources | Texas Education Agency - Provides families with information regarding IDEA, Dyslexia, MTSS, and Section 504.
- Authority: OSEP Requirement 3
- Compensatory Services - Sept 2021 - ENG
- Compensatory Services - Sept 2021 - SPAN
Additionally, LEAs must be sure to provide this information to families of students with disabilities without internet access in the most appropriate manner for their local communities.
- Authority: OSEP Requirement 4
Dyslexia Handbook 2021
- Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update Important Changes
- Actualización del manual de dislexia 2021
- Update all websites, materials, static resources, and information available to parents and staff to reflect the Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update.
SPEDTex Logo, Hyperlink, Description, and Contact Information
- Post on the LEA’s public-facing website, preferably on the LEA’s special education page, the logo, hyperlink, description, and contact information for SPEDTex by August 31, 2022.
- Items to be posted can be found at the bottom of the SPEDTex Educator page.
- Authority: IDEA-B Program Guidelines Requirements
- Publicly Report (recommendation to post on the LEA website) if: Significant Disproportionate (SD Year 3) and upon review any revision of policies, practices, and procedures used in the identification or placement in particular education settings, including disciplinary removals are made.
- Significant Disproportionality | Texas Education Agency
- State and Federal Activity Updates Regarding Significant Disproportionality (texas.gov)
- Authority: 34 CFR §300.646(c)
To assist LEAs in maintaining compliance with required special education website posting requirements, TEA has developed a checklist to ensure that all required documents and statements are posted. The entire checklist can be found at Special Education Required Postings to LEA Websites.
For questions regarding the requirements contained in this document, please contact TEA’s Division of Special Education Programs at email@example.com.