Mentor Program Allotment Cycle 3 District Application
|Date:||January 13, 2022|
|Subject:||Mentor Program Allotment Cycle 3 District Application|
|Category:||New Teacher Mentoring|
|Next Steps:||Share with appropriate staff|
The Mentor Program Allotment (MPA) is an optional program that provides local educational agencies (LEAs) with funds to build or sustain robust beginning teacher mentor programs. For Cycle 3, approved LEAs may be awarded three years of continuous funding (school years 2022-2025) contingent upon LEA compliance with MPA requirements and availability of funds. On January 10, 2022, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) will post the Cycle 3 MPA district application, guidelines, and additional information on the MPA website.
MPA Application Timeline
|January 10, 2022||MPA Cycle 3 district application window opens|
|January 24, 2022||
Deadline to submit written questions to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. (CST)
|February 2, 2022||Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) responses posted to MPA website|
|February 18, 2022||MPA applications due by 5:00 p.m. (CST)|
|March 2022||TEA notifies LEAs of MPA application approval|
|Spring 2022||Cycle 3 launch and planning|
|Summer 2022||Cycle 3 implementation begins|
- LEAs that receive an allotment must abide by Texas Education Code (TEC) §48.114, §21.458, and 19 TAC §153.1011.
- If LEA interest and eligibility exceed the state funding amount, priority will be given based on need. Priority points will be assigned based on LEA size, rural status, and percentage of the LEA’s student population that qualifies as economically disadvantaged.
- The MPA will provide approved LEAs with an allotment per beginning teacher who participates in the LEA’s mentoring program. The funds may be used on mentor stipends, scheduled release time for mentoring activities, and providers of mentor training.
- LEAs may either apply to implement a LEA-created mentor training program or partner with a mentor training provider from the MPA Approved Provider list.
- LEAs may begin applying on January 10, 2022, for Cycle 3.
- For more information and to view the MPA Guidelines, visit tea.texas.gov/MPA.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the MPA application by January 24, 2022. All questions received will be answered through a separate Frequently Asked Questions document and posted to the MPA website on February 2, 2022.