2020–2021 Process for Requesting Indirect Cost Rates (School Districts Only)
|Date:||December 5, 2019|
|Subject:||2020–2021 Process for Requesting Indirect Cost Rates (School Districts Only)|
|Category:||Funding Implications and Pending Deadline|
|Next Steps:||Submit Indirect Cost Rate Proposal (ICRP) Additional Costs Workbook (ACW) by January 31, 2020, to receive an indirect cost rate for 2020–2021|
Process for Requesting an Indirect Cost Rate
School districts (districts) must request an indirect cost rate each year by completing and submitting the Indirect Cost Rate Proposal (ICRP) Additional Costs Workbook (ACW). The submission deadline is January 31, 2020.
The submission of the ICRP ACW serves as the district’s request for an indirect cost rate. Rates will be calculated only for districts that timely submit a completed ICRP ACW.
In the completed ICRP ACW, the district is required to provide approximately 10% of the data necessary to complete the ICRP. The remaining 90% of the required data are drawn from the district’s certified Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data.
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will populate a full ICRP by merging PEIMS data with the district’s submitted data. TEA will then provide the completed ICRP for review and certification by the district. Information regarding the review and certification process for the complete ICRP will be provided to districts in spring 2020.
Completing and Submitting the ICRP ACW
The ICRP ACW is available from the Indirect Cost Rates page of the TEA website or from the secure Grants and Federal Fiscal Compliance (GFFC) Reports and Data Collections application accessible through the Texas Education Agency Login (TEAL).
The current ICRP ACW includes the following worksheets: District Information, Organizational Chart Sample, Organizational Chart, and Additional Costs FY19 for school year 2018–2019 only. No analysis or classification of costs by the district will be required.
For districts who submitted the ICRP ACW last year to receive an indirect cost rate in 2019–2020, the two previous years of financial data (2016–2017 and 2017–2018) will be carried forward from last year’s submission when TEA creates the ICRP.
Instructions for completing the ICRP ACW are available on the Indirect Cost Rates webpage.
Once the ICRP ACW is completed, submit the ICRP ACW through the secure GFFC Report and Data Collections application in TEAL. The Instructions document includes step-by-step upload instructions.
If your district did not request rates for the 2019–2020 school year or if this is the first time your district is submitting an ICRP ACW, you must also submit all three years of financial data. If this is the case, please contact the Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting (FFCR) Division at email@example.com for further instructions and additional forms.
2020–2021 Indirect Cost Rates Timeline
The following table lists milestones for the indirect cost rates request process:
|December 5||ICRP ACW is made available via the Indirect Cost Rates webpage and the secure GFFC Reports and Data Collections application, accessible through TEAL.|
|January 31||Deadline for districts to request an indirect cost rate by submitting the ICRP ACW in GFFC Reports and Data Collections.|
|January – April||TEA reviews all submitted ICRP ACWs and requests clarification and/or re-submissions, as needed.|
|April 23||TEA provides complete ICRPs to districts for review and certification.|
|May 22||Due date for districts to submit ICRP Certification in GFFC Reports and Data Collections|
|July 1||Notification Letter – The indirect cost rate will post in GFFC Reports and Data Collections, accessible through TEAL.|
Please refer to the Indirect Cost Rates page of the TEA website for further information and additional resources regarding indirect cost rates.
For Further Information
If you have questions about the indirect cost rates process and/or the ICRP ACW, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.