Assessment Reports and Studies
You can find Student Assessment related reports and studies on this page. If you cannot find what you need, please refer to the Student Assessment A–Z Directory or contact the Student Assessment Division at (512) 463-9536. The links below open Portable Document Format (PDF) files unless noted otherwise.
Links below lead to technical digests for the years listed:
The Independent Evaluation of the Validity and Reliability of the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) Assessments in grades 3-8, Parts 1 and 2
Part 1 contains the evaluation of STAAR assessments for grades 5 and 8 mathematics and reading, and grades 4 and 7 writing. Part II of the report, due May 2016, will include the remaining assessments administered in grades 3-8.
1. Summary of Part 1, grades 5 and 8 mathematics and reading, and grades 4 and 7 writing
2. Part 1 of the independent evaluation, finding support for the validity and reliability of the assessments for grades 5 and 8 mathematics and reading, and grades 4 and 7 writing
3. Part 2 contains the evaluation of all grades 3-8 STAAR assessments, including the Part 1 report (grades 5 and 8 mathematics and reading, and grades 4 and 7 writing).
4. The addendum to the HumRRO evaluation contains the grades 3-8 item level results for all Items with at least one reviewer rating of partially or not aligned.
Use the links below to access EOC reports and studies:
- Correlation between Course Performance in Algebra I and Algebra I End-of-Course Test Performance
- End-of-Course Exam Standard-Setting for Algebra I
- End-of-Course Statewide Results
- End-of-Course World Geography Online Comparability Study 2009
Use the links below to access EL reports and studies:
- 2019 TELPAS Writing Audit Report
- 2016 TELPAS Writing Audit Report
- TELPAS Listening and Speaking Cognitive Lab Summary Report
- 2011 TELPAS Listening and Speaking Audit Report
Lexile Linking Study
For additional information, contact:
Student Assessment Division
1701 North Congress Avenue
Austin, Texas 78701