Industry Certifications HB 2729
August 31, 2018
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
Subject: Industry Certifications HB 2729
The Texas Education Agency (TEA), Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and the Texas Workforce Commission were tasked with developing an inventory of industry certifications as a part of House Bill 2729, 85th Texas Legislature, Regular Session. Per the legislation, this list of certifications must:
- Align to state and regional workforce needs; and
- Serve as an entry point to middle- and high-wage jobs.
The inventory must include for each credential or certificate:
- The associated career cluster;
- The awarding entity;
- The level of education required and any additional requirements for the credential or certificate;
- Any fees for obtaining the credential or certificate; and
- The average wage or salary for jobs that require or prefer the credential or certificate.
These certifications are now posted on the CTE website. The certifications reflect the current list of industry certifications recognized in Domain 1 of TEA’s accountability system. Questions regarding industry certifications can be sent to CTE.Questions@tea.texas.gov.