Fingerprinting and Registry
The Fingerprinting and Employment Eligibility Unit facilitates the fingerprinting and Do Not Hire Registry check processes required by law. For online resources and more information about each process, please select a topic from the menu. Questions about the fingerprinting and registry process may also be submitted through the online Help Desk, which can be accessed through the following link.
March 17, 2020 – The Fingerprinting and Registry Support team will not be available by phone until further notice. If you need assistance, please submit a Help Desk ticket.
Please be advised that we received notice that IdentoGo, the fingerprinting vendor, has experienced some closures of their partner sites across the state. We will post any updates that we receive from the fingerprinting vendor on this page.
Laws and Rules
- State law pertaining to the national criminal history reviews of certified teachers, charter school employees, non-certified staff, contractors and substitutes are found in Texas Education Code, Chapter 22, Subchapter C
- State law pertaining to the requirement to refuse to hire an individual on the Registry of Persons Ineligible to For Employment in Public Schools are found in Texas Education Code §22.092
- State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) rules pertaining to the requirement for a certificate applicant to submit fingerprints are found in 19 Texas Administrative Code §230.11, Subchapter B
- State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) rules regarding the national criminal history reviews of certificate holders are found in 19 Texas Administrative Code §232, Subchapter B
- Commissioner rules regarding criminal history reviews are found in Texas Administrative Code §153, Subchapter DD.
- Commissioner rules regarding the Registry of Persons Not Eligible for Employment in Public Schools are found in 19 Texas Administrative Code §153, Subchapter EE