Educator Certification Online System
The Educator Certification Online System (ECOS) is the online site for educators to access their certification account to verify or apply for certification. The Texas Education Agency Login (TEAL) is a secure gateway where access must be set up before an educator can access their certification account.
The TEAL and ECOS sites only support the use of Google Chrome. While you may attempt using a browser other than Google Chrome, we cannot guarantee the pages will function properly.
If you hold or have ever held any type of educator certificate or permit in Texas, please verify your information using the Educator Lookup option before setting up your account. Failure to confirm your information will cause delays. Once you have verified your information, you may begin setting up your TEAL account.
Creating your TEAL user account
Please read through all instructions before setting up your account.
- Verify your name on the certificate lookup if you have ever held any type of educator certificate or permit in Texas.
- Create a new TEAL account. If you have previously completed your account setup, you may log in directly to TEAL.
- Complete your user information, making sure to select Educator as your organization type.
- You will be prompted to enter your social security number to verify your account. If you do not have a social security number, follow the instructions during the setup process to request a temporary file number.
- You will then be required to create a new password and set up security questions.
- Click on the blue View My Educator Certification Account link to complete your educator profile in your ECOS account.
- Click on Continue at the bottom of the page to save your information.
- Congratulations! You have set up your TEAL and ECOS accounts.
If you would like additional instructions for setting up your account, you may review the TEAL Quick Reference Guide or the Educator setup guide that includes screenshots and graphics.
If you need additional assistance setting up your accounts or assistance updating your email address in our system, please submit a help desk ticket.