Texas Formative Assessment Resource
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has created an optional online formative assessment resource that aligns to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). This tool will be available at no cost to districts and charter schools, and is not tied to accountability. The Texas Formative Assessment Resource (TFAR) is an assessment tool designed to inform teaching decisions and improve instructional supports.
|TFAR Registration Open||August 27, 2020|
|TFAR Launches||August 31, 2020|
- Texas Formative Assessment Resource FAQs (PDF updated 09/14/20)
- TFAR General Webinar (Video posted 08/27/20)
- TFAR General Webinar (PDF posted 09/01/20)
Registration Materials for Districts
The materials below are for testing coordinators wishing to register for TFAR.
Good news! Workshops with hands on support are available to testing coordinators.
Please see the Student Assessment Correspondence with Districts webpage to view the correspondence sent out for demonstrations.
- TFAR Registration Webform
- TFAR Registration Presentation (Video posted 08/26/20)
- TFAR Registration Presentation (PDF posted 08/26/20)
- TFAR Registration Data File Format (PDF updated 09/04/20)
- TFAR Registration File Header (Excel posted 08/27/20)
- TFAR Data Extraction and Submission for SIS Vendors (PDF posted 08/31/20)
- TFAR Roles and Permissions Matrix (PDF posted 08/28/20)
Training Materials for TFAR Users
These materials are for teachers, district, or campus administrators with access to TFAR.
The materials will support technical guidance within the Schoolnet platform where TFAR is hosted. Users will also gain insight on formative assessment and how it supports the wonderful work that teachers are already doing in their classrooms. These materials are located on a user's home screen upon login and may also be accessed below.
This document includes training materials for the Texas Formative Assessment Resource, (TFAR). TFAR should be part of a broader set of classroom formative practices and aligned with existing instructional plans, lessons, and curriculum.
- TFAR Training Resources (PDF updated 11/10/20)