STAAR Interim Assessments
State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®) Interim Assessments are optional, online assessments that align to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and that help educators monitor student progress and predict student performance on STAAR. These assessments will be available at no cost to districts and open-enrollment charter schools, and they are not tied to accountability.
Key Dates and Details for 2023–2024
Interim Testing Windows
- Window 1 – 11/06/2023–12/19/2023
- Window 2 – 11/06/2023–04/05/2024
- Window 3 – 01/16/2024–04/05/2024
Available for RLA, grade 8 social studies, English I, English II, U.S. History
Available for 2023–2024 school year for all Windows
Content and Language Supports
Available for all English and Spanish assessments
|Text-to-Speech||Available for all English and Spanish assessments|
- Results from the STAAR Interim Assessments will be reported in Cambium's centralized reporting system (CRS). CRS will contain district-level, campus-level, and student-level reports. Reports at the student level will include the following data:
- The student’s response to each test question,
- The TEKS student expectation for each test question,
- A pop-up window that shows the test question,
- Item-level reporting information, and
- Reporting Category targets.
- Reports will continue to include data files and percentages representing the statistical probability of achieving “Approaches,” “Meets,” and “Masters” grade level expectations on STAAR.
- Although educators are able to view secure interim test items within CRS as they are viewing student results, these secure test items should NOT be downloaded or printed.
- 2023–2024 STAAR Interim Data File Format
- 2023–2024 STAAR Interim Assessments Educator Guide
- STAAR 2021-2022 Interim Assessments Summary Report
- STAAR 2020-2021 Interim Assessments Summary Report
- STAAR 2019–20 Interim Assessments Summary Report
- STAAR 2018–19 Interim Assessment Technical Report
STAAR Interim Assessments Blueprints
Use the link below to access STAAR Interim blueprints for the following:
- Grades 3-8 Mathematics
- Grades 3-8 RLA
- Grades 5 and 8 Science
- Grade 8 Social Studies
- English I and English II
- Algebra I
- U.S. History
Campuses or districts that want to share resources created in-house related to STAAR Interim Assessments can send those to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources shared will be available on this page for other districts to access and use.