Best Practices for Video Learning
Look at your application version and make sure it is up to date. On your iOS device and Android/Kindle Fire, make sure you have the latest version.
Lock the classroom when you schedule the meeting. Make sure to schedule meetings with a unique meeting ID, waiting room, and restricted sharing configured. Do not publicly share meeting links. Make sure you or someone you designate is monitoring the waiting room, and not admitting anyone that is not recognized.
It is time to focus on learning! Now that your classroom is secure, know that if anyone in your classroom becomes unsafe for others, you can remove them. Learn about detailed security considerations:
Google Seesaw Teams Zoom
Quick tips to securing remote meetings
Secure Conferencing Practices:
The following steps can be taken to mitigate teleconference hijacking threats:
- Do not make meetings or classrooms public. Some options include requiring a meeting password or use the waiting room feature and control the admittance of guests.
- Do not share a link to a teleconference or classroom on an unrestricted publicly available social media post. Provide the link directly to specific people.
- Manage screensharing options to include only those who need to share.
- Ensure you are using the updated version of remote access/meeting applications.
- Lastly, it is important to check meeting links for phishing sites that impersonate an official site.
- Zoom meeting links should all start with https://zoom.us.
- Microsoft Teams meeting links should all start with https://teams.microsoft.com.
- Google Meet meeting links should all start with https://meet.google.com.
- Bangs ISD Help Center for Parent's of Online Student's
- DIR Virtual Collaboration Tools Security Tips
- DIR Zoom Usage Guidelines
- Ed Tech Teacher Choice Board
- Fort Bend ISD Online Support and Teams Parent Training Video
- Nicknames for Google Meet (YouTube)
- San Antonio ISD Zoom PD
- Zoom's Best Practices for Securing Your Virtual Classroom
- Zoom for K-12/Primary and Secondary Schools Privacy