Blended Learning PD Reimbursements for the 2023-2024 School Year
|Date:||November 9, 2023|
|Subject:||Blended Learning PD Reimbursements for the 2023-2024 School Year|
|Next Steps:||Share with curriculum & instructional staff, campus leaders|
Blended learning combines online learning with face-to-face teacher-led instruction to effectively support differentiated instruction for all students. High-quality professional development (PD) for educators is a foundational component of successful blended learning (BL) implementation that leads to improved academic outcomes for students. To assist school systems in high-fidelity implementation of blended learning, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) will reimburse school districts and open-enrollment charter schools (local educational agencies or LEAs) for blended learning professional development programs from qualifying providers. This funding is provided by Rider 49 of the General Appropriations Act of the 88th Texas Legislature.
Qualified programs for 2023-2024 school year are the following:
UTeach Blended Learning Professional Development
- Blended Learning PD courses are available in either virtual or in-person formats and made available for both teachers and administrative personnel.
- Courses and Cost information are found at 2023-2024 UTeach BL PD Courses
- To register, contact UTeach at the University of Texas at Austin: email@example.com
- For more details, visit the website: https://pd.uteach.utexas.edu/courses
UT High School (UTHS) Blended Learning Professional Development
- UTHS offers online professional development courses facilitated by specialists with expertise in blended learning implementation for teachers and administrators.
- To request more information on BL courses, please visit at UT HS BL PD Courses.
- Contact at UTHSpartner@austin.utexas.edu or 512-232-3503 to schedule an appointment with a UTHS blended learning specialist.
Note: This professional development is intended to align the core instructional content of the classroom with the online software component.
Process for Approval of Reimbursements:
- The LEA contacts the PD provider, completes provider-created readiness materials, and submits the list of educators to be enrolled in the program to the PD provider.
- TEA and the PD provider will review a readiness assessment and approve LEA and educator eligibility for reimbursements.
- Once approval is obtained, the LEA pays the cost of the selected program and educators begin the PD program; and
- Upon verified educator completion of the program, TEA will reimburse the LEA.
- Reimbursements will be approved based on the availability of funds and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For the 2023-2024 school year, PD programs must be completed by August 31, 2024, to be eligible for reimbursement.
For additional information or assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.