TEA Complaints Management
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) values your feedback and wants to hear from you. Please leave us an email TEAfeedback@tea.texas.gov or a voicemail at 512-463-9513. TEA will consider the public feedback collected when planning recommendations and guidance related to the upcoming school year. For more information, including FAQs on these issues, please visit TEA's COVID Website and check back for frequent updates.
It is also important to note that TEA has jurisdiction over public school districts and charter schools and not other educational or child entities such as private schools, daycares, and universities.
For Concerns Regarding:
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC)
|Childcare Facilities||Texas Health and Human Services Commission (THHSC)
Office of the Ombudsman, MC H-700
P O Box 13247
Austin, TX 78711-3247
Fax: 1-888-780-8099 (Toll-Free)
|Universities||Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
1200 E. Anderson Lane
Austin, TX 78752
Find the information, forms, and contacts you need to file a complaint related to special education programs on the special education dispute resolution process page.
File complaints against a school district or charter school with TEA for:
- Violations of programs required by federal law or programs for which the public education agency receives federal funds
- Misuse of federal or state funds by a public education agency
- Conditions at a school district or charter school that present a danger to the health, safety, or welfare of the students
- Violations of duties defined by statute or rule of school district boards of trustees, governing bodies of public charter schools, or superintendents or chief operating officers of school districts and public charter schools
- Violations of state assessment instrument security procedures
- Falsifications, fraudulent misrepresentations, or manipulations of information, including manipulations of records, reports, data, forms, statements of assurances, or certifications submitted to TEA through the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS)
- Educator misconduct
Read our Frequently Asked Questions about complaints against school districts and charter schools.
TEA will not review complaints alleging violations that occurred more than two calendar years before the complaint is filed.
All complaints filed with the TEA must be in writing. We do not accept complaints by phone. A person or entity may file a written complaint with TEA by filling out the complaint form online or by mailing or faxing a hard copy to the address on the form. *Please note we are having difficulty receiving faxes during this time the agency employees have moved to a mandatory telework policy during the Coronavirus outbreak.
**NOTE: TEA is having technical difficulties with our complaint form. Please download the Complaint Form, save to your computer, and then email your form to email@example.com.
If a complaint leads to a special accreditation investigation (SAI) under the conditions set out in TEC 39.057, TEA's Special Investigation Unit (SIU) will conduct the investigation according to Agency-approved procedures, as mandated in TEC 39.058.
Phone: (512) 463-3544