Lone Star Governance Cohort
The Texas Education Agency is now accepting Letters of Interest (LOI) for the Lone Star Governance (LSG) Cohort for the 2020–21 School Year.
This intensive program is designed for committed governing teams—school boards with their superintendents—that are dedicated to continually cultivating and sharpening their focus on one primary objective: improving student outcomes.
The LSG Cohort is a yearlong program (with a possible one-year extension) that includes the following at no cost to the local education agency (LEA):
- Attendance at a two-day LSG workshop with fellow cohort members
- A dedicated LSG Coach
- Monthly implementation support tailored for the board, board chair, superintendent, and staff
- Quarterly board self-evaluation support
- Statutorily required board member training in teambuilding, needs (based on the framework for governance leadership), and evaluating and improving student outcomes
- Early access to Lone Star Governance-related training
- Collaboration with, learning from, and learning with other high-performing governing teams
All school district and charter governing teams are eligible. The cohort will be limited to 12 governing teams. All eligible expenses of participating LEAs will be reimbursed monthly—up to $9,000 for the entire first year of the cohort. Additional details and submission instructions are available at the link below.
To receive reimbursements for LSG-related expenses, your governing team must commit to the following:
- Continued, frequent engagement with a certified LSG coach
- Timely submission of the quarterly self-evaluation report (QR)
- Active promotion of and advocacy for the LSG initiative, including presenting about the LSG philosophy and practices at meetings and conferences
Completed letters of interest (available at the link below) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6:00 p.m. CST on Friday, January 31, 2020.
Please visit http://tea.texas.gov/lsg for updates and additional information.
If you have any questions, please contact Lone Star Governance staff at email@example.com.
TEA Governance Office