Pregnancy and Parenting Education Resources
The following external links are from local, state, and federal resource sites that provide information on programs of education and support services designed to improve school attendance, increase graduation rates, and enhance parenting skills.
- The Alan Guttmacher Institute is advancing sexual and reproductive health worldwide through research, policy analysis and public education.
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation "Kids Count" is a national and state-by-state effort to track the status of children in the United States.
- Beginnings Guides offers prenatal and parent education materials that are easy-to-read and easy-to-understand.
- Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) provides policy solutions that work for low-income people.
- Center on Adolescent Sexuality, Pregnancy & Parenting (CASPP) helps adolescents and young adults develop healthy relationships and sexual decision making skills.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is your online source for credible health information.
- Child Trends conducts research to improve children's lives.
- College for all Texans is provided by The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Healthy Teen Network is devoted to making a difference in the lives of teens and young families. It is a national organization focused on adolescent health and well-being with an emphasis on teen pregnancy prevention, teen pregnancy, and teen parenting.
- Infant & Child Safety Statistics & Reports - WISQARS (Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System) is an interactive database system that provides customized reports of injury-related data.
- Lamaze International promotes a natural, healthy and safe approach to pregnancy, childbirth and early parenting.
- March of Dimes is dedicated to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is dedicated to improving the well-being of all young children with particular focus on the quality of educational and developmental services for all children from birth through age eight.
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy provides more education to teens, parents, and young adults.
- National Center for Health Statistics is provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition (HMHB) is a recognized leader and resource in maternal and child health.
- National Parenting Center was founded with the intention of providing the most comprehensive and responsible parenting advice to parents everywhere.
- Parenthood.com supports and empowers moms and dads as they face today's choices and challenges, throughout all stages of parenting.
- Parenting and Paternity Awareness (p.a.p.a.) is an innovative educational curriculum designed for secondary school students and young adults that deals with "rights, responsibilities, and realities of parenting."
- Parents Action for Children includes the I Am Your Child video series.
- Parents as Teachers is dedicated to providing the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
- Prevent Child Abuse Texas (PCATX) is a statewide non-profit organization working to prevent child abuse and neglect in all its forms throughout Texas.
- Reading is Fundamental helps parents develop their children’s early language and literacy skills.
- Resources for Single Parents provided by the Attorney General of Texas.
- Texas Association Concerned With School Age Parenthood addresses the issues of school-age parenthood.
- Texas Department of Health Services
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
For More Information Contact:
Division of Federal and State Education Policy