A Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT) can be used to obtain admission into an Educator Preparation Program (EPP). Tests taken through the PACT route are the same tests used for certification.
PACT Candidate Information
A candidate may take a PACT under the following conditions:
- You must hold, or be scheduled to receive, a bachelor’s degree to register for a PACT.
- You may not be placed in a classroom as a teacher of record until you have received a bachelor’s degree.
- You have never been admitted to a Texas approved EPP, or you are transferring to a different EPP. If you are transferring to a different EPP, your current EPP must complete a Candidate Transfer Form. Submit your completed candidate transfer form through a Help Desk ticket for assistance to activate PACT approval.
PACT Test Registration
If you do not have a TEA ID number, do not create a profile on TEA:
- Go to the Texas Educator Certification Examination Program website to register.
- Select Register Now.
- Select Create an account now.
- Continue with Creating Your Pearson Testing Account. A TEA profile and ID will be generated when you select "No" to "Do you have a TEA ID?".
If you already have a TEA ID, contact TEA Educator Testing by submitting a Help Desk ticket to have PACT approval added to your existing record.
PACT-Eligible Praxis Tests
Ten Praxis tests, which are administered by ETS, have been designated for PACT purposes; however, not all EPPs accept these Praxis tests for admission purposes. Furthermore, passing a Praxis PACT test will not count toward certification, so a candidate would still need to pass the required Texas certification examination. Candidates should check with the EPP they are interested in joining to verify if the Praxis PACT tests can be used for admission purposes. More information about the Praxis PACT tests is available on the ETS website.