Attendance projections are estimates of student average daily attendance by program or instructional setting. The Texas Education Agency develops these projections and provides them to the Texas Legislature by March 1 of each odd-numbered year. The legislature then uses these projections to determine the cost of public education for the next biennium. The finalized numbers are used for the legislative planning estimates (identified as LPE) found in the Summary of Finances state aid reports.
- Texas Education Code: §42.254, Estimates Required
Foundation School Program Attendance Projections Subsystem
The Attendance Projections Subsystem opens in October of even-numbered years. School districts should review and update attendance projections.
- Foundation School Program (FSP) System
- Attendance Projections Subsystem Instructions (Word 61 KB)
- Attendance Projections Subsystem Instructions (PDF 103 KB)
Reports and Data
- Attendance Projections Report
- Attendance Projections Data (Excel 3,288 KB)
- Attendance Projections Data (PDF 4,251 KB)
For additional information, contact:
Office of School Finance