Texas State Match Fund
Classroom Connectivity: Important E-rate Funding Year 2019 Dates
E-rate Funding Year 19 is the last year state matching funds will be available
LEA Application Process
How to Apply:
- Using USAC EPC online system, LEA submits E-rate Form 471 to USAC
- Indicate on your FRN that special construction costs are included
- Check “Yes” when prompted “Is there a state or tribal match available for your E-rate special construction funding request?”
- Specify the dollar amount of the state matching funds requested
- When prompted to upload supporting documentation, link to USAC’s state match website: http://www.usac.org/sl/applicants/beforeyoubegin/state-matching-provision.aspx
- Electronically submit the Application for Texas Classroom Connectivity Special Construction State Match (Form CCI.A) for FY 2019.
- After E-rate Form 471 filing window ends and prior to receiving Funding Commitment Decision Letter (FCDL)
- Information should match information submitted on E-rate Form 471
- Submit the 2019-2021 E-rate Classroom Connectivity State Match Grant application.. Go to the TEA Grant Opportunities webpage, and choose the 2019-2021 E-rate Classroom Connectivity State Match Grant. The grant application is available now.
- The TEA reviews the submitted Form CCI.A
- TEA Award Letter emailed to LEA
- Applicant sends TEA Award Letter to USAC by amending E-rate Form 471, and/or providing to PIA
After USAC Review and Approval:
- Submit the USAC FCDL along with the Acceptance of Award Form CCI.B
- Funding data should match information on your FCDL
- Complete E-rate application process in accordance with E-rate rules and regulations
- Initiate Texas State Match request by submitting Form CCI.A
- Submit the 2018-2021 E-rate Classroom Connectivity State Match Grant application
- Notify the TEA of USAC decision by submitting FCDL and Form CCI.B
- Comply with the TEA monitoring requirements of project progress
- Pay the provider the state match funds for the special construction project
- Once your district's special construction project is complete, submit Form CCI.C Notification of Completion of Special Construction Project and USAC Disbursement of Special Construction Funding
- Administer the Texas State Matching Fund Program
- If application is approved, the TEA reserves the funds and sends the applicant the TEA Award Letter
- For approved projects, disburse funds within 30 days of USAC FRN reimbursement date.
- USAC Reviews E-rate Form 471 and TEA Award Letter
- USAC determines eligibility and sends Funding Commitment Decision Letter (FCDL) to Applicant
Texas Classroom Connectivity team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Universal Service Administrative Co. (USAC) – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
EducationSuperHighway Online tool -Compare & Connect K-12: http://www.compareandconnectk12.org/
EducationSuperHighway guide - Network Essentials for Superintendents: https://www.educationsuperhighway.org/networkessentials/
EducationSuperHighway guide – Tools and Resources: https://upgrade.educationsuperhighway.org/
EducationSuperHighway guide – Upgrade Toolkit: https://www.educationsuperhighway.org/upgrade/
EducationSuperHighway Resource page https://www.educationsuperhighway.org/resources/
Funding Year 2019 window is now closed!
File your Form 471 no later than March 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EDT!
For information on Funding Year 2019 State Matching funds and priorities, see this letter.