Training and Other Resources
The 20 regional education service centers (ESCs) provide training and requirement-related support to grantees. For training on how to meet grant requirements, especially those associated with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) or Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), contact your regional ESC.
ESSER Training and Resources
The following resources apply to the ESSER I, CRRSA ESSER II, and ARP ESSER III grant programs.
- ESSER FAQ: Answers to frequently asked questions are listed in the ESSER FAQ. The FAQ will be updated regularly. Use the ESSER FAQ Submission form to submit new ESSER questions to TEA staff.
- ESSER Side-by-Side: The ESSER Side-by-Side Requirements Document provides an overview of the three ESSER grants.
- Statewide Training: TEA staff presented a statewide training on the ESSER grants in May 2021. The Grant Program Overview provides information applicable to the ESSER grant applications and requirements.
Allowable Cost and Budgeting Guidance
The following federal and TEA guidance relates to allowable costs:
- 2 CFR Part 200, Subpart E—Cost Principles
- Budgeting Costs Guidance Handbook – To assist grant applicants completing the budget schedules of the application as well as grantees administering a program
Amendment Submission Guidance
After TEA approves your grant application, you may need to change your approved program. In some cases, you must submit an amendment to the application, which TEA must approve. Refer to the following resource to determine what changes to the program must be documented and approved through the amendment process:
Expenditure Reporting Guidance
To receive reimbursement for grant-related expenditures, grantees must submit their expenditure reports through the expenditure reporting (ER) system. Refer to the following guidance for help with expenditure reports:
- Expenditure Reporting (ER) Information
- Expenditure Reporting (ER) System Quick Reference Guide
- Payment Requests Requiring Manual Approval
- TEA Payment Report Instructions
Handbooks and Other Guidance
The department has developed the following guidance handbooks to assist grantees:
- Procurement Guidance Handbook
- Internal Controls Handbook
- Supplement, Not Supplant Handbook
- Federal Time and Effort Reporting Guidance Handbook for LEAs (Version 2, posted 01/14/2016)
- IDEA-B LEA Maintenance of Effort (MOE) Guidance Handbook
- IDEA-B Coordinated Early Intervening Services (CEIS) Guidance Handbook
- ESSA LEA Maintenance of Effort (MOE) Guidance Handbook
- Title I, Part A Comparability of Services Guidance Handbook
The following links provide grantees with other grant-related guidance:
Department of Grant Compliance and Administration
Phone: (512) 463-8992
Fax: (512) 463-9176