- The Instructional Materials Review and Approval (IMRA) publisher interest form is now available. Publishers interested in receiving information about the upcoming IMRA review for full-subject, tier-one instructional materials for K–5 English and Spanish language arts and reading and K–12 mathematics and partial-subject, tier-one instructional materials for K–3 English and Spanish phonics are encouraged to complete the form today!
- TEA presented the draft K–3 and 4–8 English language arts and reading, K–3 and 4–6 Spanish language arts and reading, and K–12 mathematics IMRA rubrics and the memo of changes to the SBOE for approval at the January 30, 2024, meeting.
- We are now accepting applications for the upcoming IMRA review. Anyone with relevant content expertise for K–5 English and Spanish language arts and reading, K–3 English and Spanish phonics, or K–12 mathematics is encouraged to apply.
- VIsit the HB 1605 page for more information regarding the new IMRA process, including recorded webinars and rubrics.
- The State Board of Education adopted new materials for science, technology applications, career and technical education, and Personal Financial Literacy and Economics at the November 2023 meeting. View the Proclamation 2024 List of Instructional Materials Adopted by the SBOE for more information.
TEA provides support and coordination for the review, adoption, and distribution of state-adopted instructional materials and provides Texas educators with direct access to select materials.
A growing body of research points to the positive impact high-quality instructional materials can have on student learning. TEA defines high-quality materials as those that ensure full coverage of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), align with research-based instructional strategies in each subject area, support all learners, and include:
- Progress monitoring through embedded, aligned assessments
- Implementation support
- All teacher- and student-facing resources needed for instruction
Texas Resource Review provides detailed, independent quality reviews of many instructional materials to help districts make informed decisions.