Grow Your Own
The Texas Education Agency supports Grow Your Own programs throughout the state as part of the TEA Strategic Plan 2017–2021 (PDF 2,215 KB), set forth by Commissioner Mike Morath. The programs aim to elevate the teaching profession in Texas by developing high-quality Education and Training courses at the high school level and by creating teacher pipelines to increase the pool and diversity of Texas’ future classroom leaders.
TCLAS Decision 4 (Cycle 5 GYO Grant) Information
- TCLAS Guidance Document
- GYO Stipend Recipients Pre-Requisites
- GYO (TCLAS) FAQ #1 (updated February 18, 2022)
- GYO (TCLAS) FAQ #2 (updated February 25, 2022)
- GYO (TCLAS) FAQ #3 (updated March 7, 2022)
- List of districts awarded (updated August 1, 2022)
The Grow Your Own Grant Program competitively awards state funds to applicants designing solutions that address several challenges Texas currently faces in terms of recruiting and retaining teacher candidates to the field.
- 2018–2019 Grow Your Own, grants awarded
- 2019–2021 Grow Your Own Grant Program, Cycle 2 grants awarded
- 2020–2022 Grow Your Own Grant Program, Cycle 3 grants awarded
- 2021–2023 Grow Your Own Grant Program, Cycle 4 grants awarded
Grow Your Own Cycle 6 application now available on the TEA Grant Opportunities webpage.
The Texas CTE Resource Center provides research-based and field-based curriculum and toolkits for the implementation of strong Education and Training courses and coherent course sequences.
Education and Training Student Marketing Posters
- Choose Your Own Adventure
- Explore Your Own Universe
- Plant a Seed in Your Community
- Become a Role Model
Education and Training Student Marketing Flyers
- Bilingual Kindergarten Teacher
- Chemistry Teacher
- Theatre Teacher
- Student Council Advisor
The following resources are available for campuses designing, founding, and expanding strong, sustainable Grow Your Own programs.
- Webinar 1.1: Foundations of a strong Education and Training Program (accessible file download)
- Webinar 1.2: Progress Monitoring (closed caption recording and accessible file download)
- Webinar 1.3: Partnerships for Grow Your Own Success (accessible file download and transcript)
- Webinar 2.1: Field Experiences (closed caption recording)
Additional resources are available to learn more about student organizations, program effectiveness, and program needs.
TEA Time Podcast
- Texas Association of Future Educators (TAFE)
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Rural Schools Task Force