School Action Fund
The Texas Education Agency is committed to relentlessly increasing the number of students in great schools. To this end, the School Action Fund (SAF) aims to increase the number of students in great schools by providing customized planning and implementation support to districts committed to bold action to transform low-performing schools and expand access to world-class learning environments for students. The School Action Fund currently supports the following bold school actions:
- Restart a struggling school
- Redesign a whole school
- Create a new school
- Reassign students to a higher performing school
Currently, SAF supports school districts in nineteen of the state's twenty educational service regions in planning, implementation, and continuation of transformative, bold school actions. For more information on bold, transformative School Actions, please visit the Center for School Actions website.
Regardless of the school action model, school actions have the following core components:
- Effective School Framework (ESF) alignment
- High Quality Instructional Materials (HQIM) with embedded assessments and diagnostic tools
- Implementation of research based instructional strategies (RBIS)
- High Impact Tutoring
- Extended Day or Year
School Action Fund Resources
The resources below align with the core components of all school actions.