Salary and Service Record
Information for determining salary is found in the Commissioner's Rules. Below, school districts can also find information about service records, personnel issues, and accreditation.
TEA does not maintain records of service for district employees. Teacher service records are maintained by the employing school district. You may contact your previously employing school district(s) for your official teacher service record(s) and for any corrections to your service record(s). The employing school district is responsible to determine acceptable years of service for salary increment purposes.
The Texas Association of School Boards (TASB), HR Services has created a full-day service record training and a free webinar. The TASB HR Services team can also assist district staff with service record questions and can be reached directly at email@example.com and 800.580.7782.
For questions related retirement, please contact the Teacher Retirement System (TRS).
Teacher Salary Information
See the following for Commissioner's Rules on creditable years of service and minimum salary schedules:
- Commissioner's Rules on Creditable Years of Service, §153.1021 and §153.1022
- Minimum number of days required for salary increment purposes (PDF, 9.49 KB)
- Minimum Salary Schedules
- FAQ's for salary and service
Service Record Information
Please confirm with your district which of the forms are required to determine your placement on the minimum salary schedule:
- Frequently asked salary and service questions (FAQ's)
- Electronic interactive service record (PDF — must download to view)
- College employment verification forms
- Verification of accreditation status forms
Clarification and links for frequent inquiries about personnel and salary are provided:
- Duty Free Lunch (outside source)
Duty Free Lunch Rules (Word)
- Planning and Preparation Time (outside source)
Planning and Preparation Time Court decision (Word)
- Career and Technology certificates requiring work experience
- Texas Education Code (outside source)
Read the Commissioner's Rules for all requirements. The following information can be used to help determine placement on the minimum salary schedule: