Appraisal Laws and Rules
The Texas Education Code and the Texas Administrative Code provide the educator appraisal framework within which districts may exercise discretion and creativity.
- Texas Education Code, §21.351 (outside source) - The recommended appraisal process for teachers
- Texas Education Code, §21.354 (outside source) - The appraisal of certain administrators
- 19 Texas Administrative Code Chapter 150, Subchapter AA §§150.1001-150.1010 - Commissioner's rules concerning teacher appraisal
- 19 Texas Administrative Code Chapter 150, Subchapter BB §§150.1021-150.1022 - Commissioner's rules concerning administrator appraisal
- Education Laws and Rules - TEA link to Texas education laws and rules